It has been quite a while since I last posted, but as I was cooking up some food to take to friends I made up a new salad dressing and it turned out quite tasty! It is based off of a Poppy Seed Dressing recipe I found recently.
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 3 cloves garlic
• 2 tsp kosher salt [less if you use fine salt]
• 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1/4 cup sliced apple [I used a potato peeler for the slices]
• 1 cup olive oil
1. Place first 5 ingredients into a blender. Blend on high until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is more or less liquefied.
2. While blender is still running, slowly pour olive oil into blender until dressing emulsifies. It should become thicker and more opaque once it is ready.
3. Put into a jar or container and refrigerate until ready to use!
I am putting this over a salad that has goat cheese crumbles, dried cranberries, pecan chips, and mixed salad greens.